- 6 ripe apricots, pitted and diced
- 1 navel orange, cut into crosswise slices and diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4-1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Stir all ingredients together through cayenne pepper. Refrigerate up to 3 hours before serving.
- Bring to room temperature and add fresh herbs before serving with 4 salmon fillets cooked in your choice of preparation methods (baked, broiled, grilled, poached).
This is especially good with Keta salmon fillets.