Two 6 oz Wild Salmon Dinner Fillets
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1/4 tsp ground star anise
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground Sichuan pepper
- 1 Tbs peanut, or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Combine spice mixture and rub into both of the salmon fillets, shaking off any that doesn't stick.
- Refrigerate, covered, for an hour to allow spice rub to penetrate.
- Preheat a dry skillet over medium high heat.
- Removing the pan from stove, add the oil, then return and place the salmon fillets, spice side down, gently into the pan being careful not to splash any oil.
- Sear the salmon on this side until a nice "crust" develops, about 5 minutes.
- Gently turn the fillets over and sear the skin side for about 2 minutes before reducing heat to medium.
- Add the orange juice, and cook for few minutes longer (for medium) or until desired doneness.
Recipe courtesy of Kathryn Crane