For the Black Cod:
- 6 SeaBear uncooked Black Cod portions
- 2/3 cup of raw pistachios
- 1/2 cup of white Panko crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon of Pesto
For the Herb Beurre Blanc Sauce:
- 1 cup white wine (Chardonnay or similar)
- Tablespoons of chopped shallots
- 1 tea spoon of Pesto
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 4 oz of butter
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon of Herbs of Provence
- 4 to 6 Basil leaves
- A couple of small branches of Parsley and of Cilantro and black pepper to taste
Have Beurre Blanc reduction ready before baking the Cod.
- In a 2 qt sauce pot, cook to reduce wine, shallots, herbs of Provence and black pepper until most of the liquid has evaporated. What is left has the consistency of a syrup.
- Add cream, cook to reduce volume by half. Turn heat off.
- At that point, wait for Cod to be out of the oven and resting then, transfer reduction into a blender.
- Add Pesto and fresh herbs. With lid closed, turn blender at high speed. Add butter a little at the time through the center feeding hole of the lid. Beurre Blanc should be smooth and shiny. Taste and correct seasoning.
Directions for Black Cod:
- Add pistachios, Panko and pesto to a bowl and mix well. Season Black Cod fillets with salt and pepper, and rub the top and sides in flour to give it a fine white coat. Pack pistachio mixture on top of each portion. Place portions on an oiled baking pan.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350° F. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until fish is done (keep it slightly under cooked and let it rest for a couple of minutes: fish will gently continue cooking on its own, it will retain its juice and be moist).
Presentation: Pour Herb Beurre Blanc in the bottom of plate, place one portion of Black Cod in the center and serve immediately.