- 4-6 Wild Alaskan Halibut Fillets
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, stems removed
- 1cup fresh parsley, stems removed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- ¼ cup grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- 1½ cups olive oil
- Juice of one fresh lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the basil, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, pine nuts, and grated cheese in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Process until the mixture is finely ground, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- With the setting on low to medium speed, gradually add the olive oil, again, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Continue blending until the sauce is thickened. Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
Makes about 1 cup (enough for 4 to 6 fillets)
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Sprinkle Wild Alaskan Halibut fillets lightly with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Top each fillet liberally with basil pesto topping (about 3 tablespoons per fillet).
- Place fillets on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the halibut is just cooked through.