- 8 wide slices of SeaBear Lox Style Smoked Sockeye Salmon
- 3.5 oz Flour
- 1 whole egg
- Whites of 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup of beer
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
Sauce Aigrelette Ingredients:
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon chopped chives
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix Flour, 1 whole egg, beer, olive oil, water, salt (in moderation) and fresh Black pepper until smooth. Batter should be somewhat thick and sticking to the spoon. Add a bit more flour or water accordingly.
- Cover well and let rest for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to make the Blinis, beat 3 egg whites to a soft peak and fold them gently into the batter.
- Heat olive oil in non stick pan.
- Using both hands, lift 1 slice of salmon at the time and rub both sides into the batter; place slice in the hot pan for about 10 to 15 seconds then flip it over for the same amount of time.
- Serve immediately with sauce Aigrelette.
Sauce Aigrelette Instructions:
- Mix whipping cream and sour cream, and whip to a soft peak.
- Fold in Dijon, lemon juice and chives.
- Add salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
- Serve over finished Smoked Salmon Blinis.