- Eight 6 oz. Healthy Heart Wild Salmon Dinner Fillets
- Mirin (Japanese sweetened rice wine)
- Dash of Salt (optional)
- Sesame seeds (raw, not toasted)
- Place the fillets skin side down on a plate. Brush the flesh with mirin. Refrigerate uncovered for an hour or more (the fridge's lack of humidity dries the salmon's surface.)
- Brush the salmon a second time with mirin. Refrigerate again, uncovered, for an hour or more (even overnight.)
- Heat the broiler. Broil the salmon, skin side down, for 3 minutes, then skin side up for another 3 minutes. Turn the salmon side up, brush with mirin again, sprinkle with salt and then sprinkle on the sesame seeds. Broil until the seeds begin to brown, crackle, and pop, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.