- 7 pounds Wild Salmon Fillets
- 7 cups fresh sauerkraut (Drained)
- 1/4 teaspoon of fresh dill
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) bottle Spicy V-8 vegetable juice cocktail
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar ( or Splenda )
- Dash of kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- (Variation - try a dash of red pepper flakes for a spicy dish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the boneless wild salmon Fillets in the center of a large roasting pan.
- In a large bowl combine the sauerkraut, dill, and V-8 vegetable juice. Sweeten to taste with the white sugar.
- Pour this mixture around the salmon fillets then top with a dash of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. (Add variation at this time if desired)
- Cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven until the salmon dinner fillets have an internal temperature of 140 degrees F, about 15 minutes per pound.
- Remove the foil for the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Serve with garlic & sour cream mashed potatoes and a Caesar salad.
Submitted by K. Moser