- 2 lbs. (6 fillets) SeaBear Healthy Heart Wild Salmon Dinner Fillets
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups white wine (for best results we recommend a quality Riesling, preferably the one that will be served with dinner)
- 1/2 yellow onion (chunked)
Secret Succulent Salmon Sauce:
- 4 scallions chopped (green and white parts)
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger (minced) or 1/2 tsp. ground ginger if fresh is unavailable
- 2 tbsp. honey
- scant pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3 cups apple cider (not juice)
- Bring water and wine to a boil.
- Add onion.
- Steam salmon over mixture until desired doneness. My preference is cooked just until salmon is able to flake off the ends.
- While the salmon cooks, add the sauce ingredients to a medium saucepot and cook over medium-high heat until reduced to about 2 cups. This is cooking not rocket science so use your best judgement but don't be too overly concerned about exactly 2 cups.
To serve, each person should get about 1/4 of the fish topped with about 1/4 of the sauce.
Recipe submitted by: H. Vogel in SeaBear's online Smoked Salmon Recipe Contest