- 1 3/4 cups sushi rice
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup sour cream sliced
- Nova-Style Smoked
- Wild Sockeye Salmon
- 1 oz. caviar chervil for garnish
- Add sushi rice to boiling water, cover and allow to simmer on low for 15 min. or until tender.
- Lightly fluff the rice into a large bowl and toss rice with rice vinegar, and 1/2 tsp. salt until well coated.
- When cool enough to handle, pat the rice into a 28cm X 30cm non-stick baking tray (If using a normal baking tray, line with plastic wrap).
- Press the rice down firmly and leave to cool. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Cut the rice lengthways into two equal pieces while in the tray.
- Using a palette knife, carefully lift one half of the rice and set aside.
- Cover the rice remaining in the tray with a thin layer of sour cream, then top with the nova.
- With a sharp knife, cut the salmon into small squares.
- Top each piece with caviar and a little chervil