- 1 loaf French or sourdough bread
- Strawberry cream cheese
- 4 slices, SeaBear smoked salmon
- 1 sprig of basil (or Thai basil)
- Spread the bread that you have chosen with the strawberry cream cheese and then layer the nova-style smoked salmon on top of it.
- Chiffonade (finely slice) the basil on top and place in a plate and heat in the oven for approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Before serving, slice the bread diagonally into two pieces and place a tiny sprig of basil on top with a halved strawberry.
I hope you enjoy this West coast style of smoked salmon bruschetta, I know I sure do and it's great for parties.
Tip: For an added extra zing, try adding a touch of either balsamic or strawberry vinegar to the cream cheese.
Recipe Submitted by Daryl Richardson, Vancouver, B.C. in SeaBear's online Smoked Salmon Recipe Contest