- 1/2 cup couscous
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1 beaten egg
- 4 - 3.5 oz pouches of Ready-to-Eat boneless, skinless Wild Sockeye Salmon
- 1 – 10oz pkg frozen chopped spinach – thawed, drained and squeezed dry 2 minced garlic cloves 1 teaspoon ground cumin 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- In a small glass bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, garlic, and paprika. Set aside. Prepare couscous according to package directions using the 2/3 cup of orange juice in place of water.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked couscous, wild Sockeye Salmon, drained spinach, egg, garlic, cumin, black pepper, and salt. Form into patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil and sauté patties until golden brown turning once, about 8 to 10 minutes. Serve with garlic mayonnaise.
This is a delicious alternative to the standard salmon patty recipe using couscous, spinach, and cumin for an exotic flavor.