- 1 lb Wild Salmon Meat
- 1 large egg, beaten with a fork
- ¼ cup capers, drained
- 1 Tbs fresh dill, chopped (or 2 tsp dried dill)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- Several grinds of fresh pepper
- 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and cooled
- One 1lb to 1 lb 12oz empty can with the top and bottom removed, washed well
- Parchment paper
- Aluminum Foil
- Hard boil, peel and cool eggs. Trim off the tips of the eggs so they sit flat. Thread the eggs onto a bamboo skewer with the skewer protruding from only one end.
- Transfer salmon meat to a bowl and stir in beaten egg, capers, dill, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 350. Place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Cut a rectangle of parchment and brush it with oil. Place it inside the can. Set the can on the cookie sheet. Place the skewered hard boiled eggs in the center of the can and fill in around the sides with the salmon mixture. Use the handle of a wooden spoon to pack down the mixture. Cover the can with aluminum foil and bake for 30 min.
- When slightly cool, slip the can off the loaf. When cool enough to handle, brown the sides of the loaf in olive oil in a skillet by rolling around in the pan. Slice and serve with a dill sour cream or tarter sauce.
- Good as an entrée with rice, pasta or potatoes or on a sandwich with fresh greens.
- Here's to looking you in the eye!!
Submitted by Barbara O from Anacortes, WA for SeaBear's Healthy Eating Recipe Contest