- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp. finely shredded orange peel
- 6 cups rhubarb, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- Combine sugar and water in a large sauce pan, and heat until sugar dissolves.
- Add all ingredients and simmer over low heat for approximately 15 minutes.
Serve as an accompaniment to grilled salmon fillets.
Recipe courtesy of IslandWood