- Four SeaBear's Wild Salmon Dinner Fillets
- One 28-32oz package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1-2 Tbsp. Dill weed
- 4, 12"x12" squares of aluminum foil
- 1/2 stick salt "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" margarine
- 1/2 cup white wine, such as Columbia Crest Chardonnay
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup minced shallots or green onions
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- White pepper to taste
- Allow the potatoes to thaw at least 1/2 hour before proceeding.
- Lightly butter the foil squares, then center 1/8 of the potatoes, and press into a "bed".
- Place salmon fillets on the beds, and dust with dill.
- Cover fillets with the remaining potatoes, and press to enclose the fillets in a potato "shell".
- Bring up the foil to enclose the salmon-potato, and seal.
- Bake 20 minutes at 450F.
- Meanwhile, simmer wine, vinegar, lemon juice and shallots until most of the liquid has evaporated. Then whisk in remaining butter. Add pepper to taste.
- Open foil packets and broil 5-6 minutes to brown potato shells. Remove salmon packets from foil, plate, and top with sauce.
Recipe Submitted by K Hulme, AZ in SeaBear's online Smoked Salmon Recipe Contest