- 1 Med Head of Cabbage
- 1 1/2 qts Boiling water
- 3 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 lg red onion minced
- 1/4 tsp dill
- 1/4 cup sweet cream butter
- 1 lb Healthy Hearts Wild salmon
- 1/2 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 TBS freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 TBS corn starch dissolved in a little water
- 2 TBS water
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- Boil cabbage in salted water 3-4 minutes.
- Drain and reserve 2 1/2 cups water.
- Cool cabbage, core and remove 12 large leaves. Spread leaves out flat.
- Sauté onion in 2 tablespoons butter until softened, then mix with healthy hearts wild salmon, rice, dill, 1 teaspoons salt and pepper.
- Put a spoonful of the mixture in the middle of each leaf, fold up sides, roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- Place the rolls in one layer in a large pot, add reserved water, lemon juice and remaining butter.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour. Remove cabbage rolls from pot. Mix corn starch paste into cooking liquid and cook 3-4 minutes until thickened.
- Add remaining salt and white pepper. Pour over cabbage and serve.