- 1/4 cups Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Apple vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 large freshly golden toasted crostinis or up to 18 smaller ones (you can use store-bought crostini, or to make your own simply cut slices of artisan bread, brush with olive oil and bake at 350° until golden brown).
- 8 oz of SeaBear Smoked Sockeye Salmon (Nova/lox style preferred, but can also use Northwest style) finely diced or chopped (to approx. ½” in size)
- 1 ½ T of Cilantro, lightly chopped (not too fine)
- 3 T of Shallots, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon of Jalapeños, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons of garlic, chopped finely
- 1 T lime juice
To prepare the Vinaigrette:
- In a bowl, place Dijon, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Begin to add oil slowly, whipping briskly with a wire whisk. After adding half the oil, stop and add 1/2 of the vinegar.
- Slowly add remaining oil, again whipping briskly as you go. Taste, add some/all of the remaining vinegar until the dressing is to your liking.
To prepare the Smoked Salmon Tartar:
- In a mixing bowl, place Seabear Smoked Sockeye Salmon, Shallots, Cilantro, Garlic, Jalapeños, and Lim.
- Add 3 teaspoons of dressing to start and toss gently until dressing is absorbed. Add additional dressing if desired. Add salt and pepper to taste, if desired
- Serve Tartar with warm Crostinis.