- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 Tbsp. unsalted butter, chilled
- 2 Tbsp. cold water
Smoked Salmon Filling
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 larg onion, diced
- 2 1/4 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups grated Gruyee or Swiss Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 5 Eggs
- 2 cups flaked SeaBear Smoked Salmon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and the Parmesan. Cut in the butter until it is the size of small peas.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and the Parmesan. Cut in the butter until it is the size of small peas. Sprinkle the water over the flour, mixing until the dough begins to form. Press the dough into the bottom and up the sides of a 10-inch springform pan and chill for 15 minutes.
- Press a piece of foil over the crust to hold it in place while it bakes. Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then remove the foil and bake 3 minutes longer. Cool.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and saute until softened. In a large mixing bowl, beat the sour cream and eggs together until well blended. Stir in the garlic and onion, 1 cup of the cheese, the dill, and the salt. Mix well, then stir in the salmon.
- Pour the mixture into the prebaked crust and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of grated cheese.
- Bake the pie for about 1 hour or until golden brown and firm. Let the pie cool for 15 minutes, then divide into wedges.