- 1 (6-ounce) wild Alaskan salmon dinner fillet, cut into 2 equal pieces
- 1 tablespoon plus 1½ teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/8-teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon low fat margarine
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spray a shallow 1- quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place salmon, skin side down, in prepared dish.
- Pour 1 tablespoon lime juice over fillets. Marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Combine garlic, red pepper, cumin, oregano, black pepper, cilantro and blend into margarine; divide mixture evenly.
- Pat salmon lightly with paper towel, then gently spread margarine mixture onto tops of salmon.
- Roast 10-15 minutes or until salmon is opaque and flakes when tested with fork. Can also be cooked at 275F for 25-30 minutes.
Recipe submitted by A. Limbaug, Texas in SeaBear's online Smoked Salmon Recipe Contest