- 3 TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large Sweet Vidal Onion
- 1/2 tsp Light Brown Sugar
- 2 TBS rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 TBS Fresh Chopped Sage
- 1 1/2 Cups Fish Stock (or Clam Juice)
- 1 1/2 lbs. Healthy Hearts Wild Salmon
- 1/4 Cup Finely Crushed Captain Crunch Cereal
- 2 Large Tomato's Sliced
- 1 Sundried Tomato Chopped
- Dash of Kosher Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 TBS Thinly Sliced Green Onions
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion slices and sprinkle with light brown sugar. Cook until the onion slices begin to caramelize, about 5 to 6 minutes, then turn the slices over and continue to cook without stirring until the other side caramelizes, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, sundried tomato, and sage, and stir until the onions are well-coated, add the fish stock and season well with kosher salt and pepper; set aside to keep warm.
- Heat the remaining olive oil over high heat in a large ovenproof skillet, preferably nonstick.
- Lightly roll the healthy hearts wild fillets in Crushed Captain Crunch and pat to remove the excess.
- Sear the fish until brown on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes. Place the pan in the preheated oven and roast until opaque through, turning the pieces once or twice so they cook evenly, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked healthy hearts wild salmon to a cutting board and cut into 1-inch-thick slices.
- Arrange the sliced tomatoes on a large platter or individual plates.
- Top with the slices of healthy hearts wild Salmon and spoon the caramelized onions around. Sprinkle the Sliced Green Onion over and serve.
Submitted by: Karl Moser