- 1lb Small Purple Potatoes
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 3 lb cream cheese spread, softened
- 1-2 lbs Gerard & Dominique Wild Sockeye Lox, thawed, and allowed to sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Chopped fresh dill (optional)
- Crackers (optional)
- Cook the potatoes in salted water until fork-tender; drain. Cool completely and cut into 1/2" slices, crosswise. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit an approximately 12"x18" wooden cutting board. Fill a pastry bag fitted with a small star tip with 1 lb of cream cheese.
- Pipe and spread a thin layer of cheese spread in a 6.5"x9.5" rectangle in the upper left corner of the parchment. Arrange the potatoes in rows on top of the cheese. Pipe cream cheese in the spaces in between the potatoes to create the stars for the flag. Refill the pastry bag with additional cream cheese as needed.
- Starting from the top, make a line of rolled lox. Then, pipe a large stripe of cream cheese below. Repeat with remaining lox and cream cheese. If desired, sprinkle finished flag with freshly chopped dill. Serve with crackers, if desired.