- 4 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 6-.5 oz. Jar Marinated Artichoke Hearts, Reserving Marinade
- 6 Cloves Garlic, Thickly Sliced
- 2 Tsp. Grated Lemon Zest
- 1/8 Tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Cup White Wine
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Pound (8 oz.) SeaBear Smoked Salmon
- 2 Tbsp. Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Italian Parsley
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Pound Linguini
- 1 Cup Diced Tomatoes
- 1/3 Cup Grated Asiago Cheese
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium low heat.
- Sauté onions, chopped artichoke hearts, garlic, lemon zest and red pepper flakes until the onion starts to turn color - about 10-12 minutes.
- Add the wine and stir gently to dislodge any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Continue to cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the stock, and break up pieces of smoked salmon into the mixture.
- Add lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of parsley, and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then simmer until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta in the boiling water according to the directions on the package. Drain and return to the pot.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and simmer over low heat, stirring constantly until the pasta is well coated, about 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining parsley, diced tomatoes and Asiago cheese and mix well.
- Turn pasta out onto a warm platter and serve.
Recipe Submitted by Barbara Morgan in SeaBear's online Smoked Salmon Recipe Contest