- 4 thick-cut halibut fillets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
For the Butter Sauce:
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup shallots, chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 sticks sweet cream butter, unsalted
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- To make the sauce, place wine, water, shallots, vinegar, salt and pepper in a sauce pan over medium to high heat. Bring to a boil to reduce it about 1/3 cup. Transfer to a food processor bowl to puree. Once pureed, transfer back to the sauce pan and add the cream.
- Turn the heat to low, and add butter little by little, slowly whisking with a wire whisk after each addition (this should take about 3 to 4 minutes to add all the butter). Beat steadily, the sauce should never boil. Add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- When ready to cook, preheat your grill to 375 degrees. Add olive oil to a Dutch oven and place inside the grill to preheat. Season halibut with salt and pepper and place inside the Dutch oven. Cook approximately 3 to 4 minutes per side, until internal temperature reaches 130 degrees F and fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve halibut with butter sauce. Enjoy.
This recipe is from our friends at Traeger Grills.