- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups light cream or half-and-half
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup sherry or Madeira
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 12 ounces SeaBear Smoked Salmon, flaked (We use Wild Sockeye Smoked Salmon)
- 2 ounces freshly cooked pasta
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add the flour, stirring constantly, until blended.
- Remove from the heat and add the cream and stock.
- Return to the stove and bring to a boil while continuing to stir. Add the sherry, salt, pepper and nutmeg, and stir until well blended.
- Gently stir in the Smoked Salmon.
- Arrange the cooked pasta on four warmed dinner plates.
- Divide the sauce among the plates, ladling it over the pasta.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of chopped parsley.