- 8 medium red potatoes
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 lb Salted Butter
- 1/3 Cup Whipping Cream
- SeaBear Northwest Smoked Salmon
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
Garlic Mashed Potato:
- Lightly chop 4 cloves of garlic, and roast in 1/3 cup olive oil over medium heat. Once the garlic is golden brown and soft, set aside.
- Boil 8 medium size red potatoes until they are soft.
- Remove loose pieces of skin from the potatoes. Place potatoes, while still hot, into a mixer. Add ½ lb of salted butter. Add 4 oz. of goat cheese. Mix at the lowest speed.
- While the mixer is going, add in the roasted garlic and the olive oil.
- Add approximately ¼ cup whipping cream, and turn up the mixer speed one level. As the potatoes absorb the cream, continue to add more. Continue until the potatoes reach a consistency you like.
- Add salt and white pepper to taste.
- Turn up the speed of the mixer, one level at a time, until it reaches maximum speed. Let the mashed potatoes whip at the highest speed for at least 30 seconds. If the potatoes get too stiff, slow down the mixer and add additional whipping cream, and then increase the speed again. Repeat until you reach the desired consistency.
Assembling the Martini Glass:
- Using a pastry bag, fill a martini glass approximately ¾ full with warm garlic mashed potatoes. You can use your favorite recipe, or try the one listed below.
- On top of the garlic mashed potatoes, place 5-7 bite-size chunks of SeaBear Northwest smoked salmon.
- Sprinkle with salted sunflower seeds, and garnish with a sprig of herb. Serve with a spoon.