- 2 cups regular sour cream
- 4-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. melted European-style unsalted butter
- 2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
Wild Salmon Cheese Pierogi Filling:
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tsp salted butter, melted
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 6 oz Wild Salmon Dinner Fillet (We use Wild Sockeye)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley ( or 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh spinach )
For serving: Sun-dried tomatoes and chopped green onions
- Mix together the filling ingredients and refrigerate for 20-60 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dough ingredients and knead into a soft pliable dough.
- Cut in half and let rest, covered for 10 minutes.
- Roll out each half into a thin circle.
- Using a drinking glass, cut the dough into round circles.
- Place less than a tablespoon of filling in the center of each circle and fold over.
- Press and seal into a half moon. You may want to rub a little water on the edge to seal well.
- Cook for 10 minutes in boiling salted water. Drain.
- Then pan fry in butter with chopped spring onions and sun dried tomato's.