- 1 6 ounce salmon fillet
- 1 clove of garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Lightly oil frying pan, heat oil until very hot.
- Add garlic pieces (they should brown up almost immediately)
- Place salmon fillet face down and brown for 2-3 minutes (cover to avoid too much splatter and also to help begin cooking)
- Lower heat and flip fillet with browned fillet facing up. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes (depends upon fillet thickness).
- Remover cover and spread pesto onto the top of the fillet.
- Cover the pan again to let the pesto and salmon fillet meld (about 1-2 minutes)
- Remove the salmon from the pan, and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of the Pesto
- Serve on a bed of wilted chopped spinach
Submitted by Robert H S from Estes Park, CO for SeaBear's Healthy Eating Recipe Contest