- 2 cups water
- 2 cups of your favorite Washington Chardonnay
- Zest from 1 lemon, removed in long strips with a vegetable peeler
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 six ounce wild salmon fillets
- Capers for garnish (if desired)
- Place the chardonnay, water, lemon peel, thyme, and bay leaves in the bottom of your steamer.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lay the salmon fillets in the steamer basket and cover with the steamer lid.
- Steam until the salmon is just done, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer the salmon portions to plates and serve.
Top with capers and a beurre blanc sauce, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of our friend Chef Tom Douglas