- 1/2 cup peas
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth, heated and kept warm
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 oz SeaBear Pacific Northwest Smoked Salmon (we used Traditional), chunked
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Steam or microwave peas until tender.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until translucent, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in garlic and arorio rice; cook and stir until rice is lightly toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in wine, stirring constantly, until liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Stir chicken broth into rice, 1/2 cup at a time, and stirring constantly, allowing liquid to absorb completely, before adding more broth.
- Add peas and salmon, remove from heat.
- Gently stir in parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Serve immediately.